The Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers: Promoting energy management and conservation through peer networking and education.
Huntsville AEE Supports Alabama Regional Future Cities Competition (read more)
April 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
May 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
June 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
July 1, 2014 Meeting
Location: Redstone Federal Credit Union, ** Patriot Room, 220 Wynn Drive
Title: Solar Technologies, the Reasons to Consider Installation of Solar in Today’s Environment
Speaker: Morton Archibald
Company: Affordable Energy Solutions
Description: In this day and age, renewable energy plays a larger role than ever in energy conservation. For many, that means solar energy. While it has not taken off in North Alabama like it has elsewhere, the potential for solar growth is tremendous.
July is the first full month of summer, so it’s appropriate that our July program be about solar energy. Morton Archibald, chief engineer and President of Affordable Energy Solutions here in Huntsville, brings a strong background in solar power. He’s has been involved with “Green” solutions to energy challenges including energy training, consultations, site evaluations, solar installations, measurement and verification, system maintenance, and solar performance evaluations. Morton will provide an informative discussion of Solar Technologies, the reasons to consider installation of Solar in today’s environment, and things to consider as one plans to go “GREEN.”
Morton has been a guest speaker at the many of the 42 technical societies of the Huntsville Association of Technical Societies and at public schools and universities. He has taught in the United States, Germany, the Republic of the Marshall Islands, and the Republic of the Philippines. He served in the US Army Corps of Engineers from 1966 to 2002.
- ***RSVP PROCEDURE***
- ** Due to the late notice, please send e-mail to Robert.H.Hennessee@usace.army.mil and RSVP. If you do not want to pay with cash or check at Registration, please go to “123Signup website” and register by Friday, June 27 (midnight) COB. We apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you. Please call Bob Hennessee at 256-895-1503 should have any questions regarding our July 2014 Meeting. **
- All lunch attendees must register by COB, Friday, June 27, 2014
- ** REGISTER HERE!!! **
- Note: First time visitors receive their first lunch free!! First time visitors should go to email@example.com and let us know that you plan to attend this meeting.
- The registration process allows us to place a more accurate count for our catering needs. It will also allow individuals to pay via credit card and receive a receipt via email.
- The cost for the meal is $13. If you do not pre-register we will not order lunch for you, but you may still attend the meeting.
All cancellations must be submitted by 11:59 PM on the Wednesday prior to each monthly meeting. Since this is a catered event, your credit card will be processed even if you cannot attend the event. Attendee substitution(s) will be accepted. There are no refunds after the cancellation deadline.