The Huntsville, Alabama Chapter of the Association of Energy Engineers:
Promoting energy management and conservation through peer networking
Huntsville AEE Supports Alabama Regional Future Cities Competition (read more)
April 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
May 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
June 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
July 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
August 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
September 2014 AEE / Huntsville meeting report (read more)
November 4, 2014 Meeting
Location: Redstone Federal Credit Union
Title: Using Phase Change Materials to Reduce Energy Consumption in Buildings
Speaker: Charles King
Description: Our November program will be a very informative discussion on the capabilities of using Phase Change Materials (PCM) to reduce energy consumption in buildings. PCMs are capable of storing and releasing large amounts of energy because they exhibit a high heat of fusion. For this reason, PCMs are designated as latent heat storage (LHS) units.
Mr. Charles King, with TriVector, is heavily involved with PCMs and will discuss the projects in work here in the Huntsville area and some of the design options for using these PCMs in Energy saving designs. He will also talk about specific applications such as Building Envelope augmentation and Hot Water energy storage technologies.
- ***RSVP PROCEDURE***
- ** Due to the late notice, please send e-mail to Robert.H.Hennessee@usace.army.mil and RSVP. If you do not want to pay with cash or check at Registration, please go to “123Signup website” and register by Friday, October 31st (midnight) COB. We apologize for whatever inconvenience this may have caused you. Please call Bob Hennessee at 256-895-1503 should have any questions regarding our October 2014 Meeting. **
- All lunch attendees must register by COB, Friday, October 31, 2014
- ** REGISTER HERE!!! **
- Note: First time visitors receive their first lunch free!! First time visitors should go to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you plan to attend this meeting.
- The registration process allows us to place a more accurate count for our catering needs. It will also allow individuals to pay via credit card and receive a receipt via email.
- The cost for the meal is $13. If you do not pre-register we will not order lunch for you, but you may still attend the meeting.
All cancellations must be submitted by 11:59 PM on the Wednesday prior to each monthly meeting. Since this is a catered event, your credit card will be processed even if you cannot attend the event. Attendee substitution(s) will be accepted. There are no refunds after the cancellation deadline.